Growing up, my family's schedule seemed to revolve around mealtime. I have to attribute my love for home cooked food to my mother. She didn't believe in cereal and made us breakfast every morning. I think that deserves some kind of award. Pancakes were my favorite breakfast growing up and my mom made hers from scratch. To be honest, I didn't know you could buy pancake mix at the store until I went to college. I don't claim to be a fabulous cook. I just wanted a place to keep and share all the recipes I love.
My family all came together in the evenings to eat dinner. It was at this time that relationships were built and strengthened. I believe that family dinner is an important tool for cultivating love and strengthening the family. This is why I cook. This is why I share.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Tiny Cherry Cheesecakes

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup baking cocoa
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine
  • 2 Tbsp. cold water

Filling:

  • 2 packages (3 oz each) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
  1. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, and cocoa; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Shape into 24 balls. Place in greased miniature muffin cups; press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of each cup.
  2. Ina mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smotth. Beat in milk and vanilla. Add egg; beat on low just until combines. Spoon about 1 tablespoon full into each cup. Bake at 325 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes. Carefully remove from pans to cool completely. Top with pie filling (one cherry for each). Store in the refridgerator.

Yield: 2 dozen

No comments: