- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Heat oil in large 2 quart saucepan; stir in flour and chili powder; cook for one minute.2. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
NOTE: I usually double the sauce recipe because I like a lot of sauce, and then I put a gravy boat on the table with sauce in it from the pans after cooking in case someone wants additional sauce.
Ingredients for 12 enchi"Lita's" tortillas:
- 12 medium tortillas
- 3 12 ounce cans beef, drained and shredded, or 3 cups shredded pot roast
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion,chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 packets Sazon
- cheddar cheese
1. In a skillet with a little bit of oil cook onion until transparent, add tomatoes, garlic, Sazon and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add shredded beef and cook an additional 5 minutes.
2. In a 9 x 13 in pan (I usually have to use two pans) pour about 1/2 cup sauce on bottom of pan to prevent tortillas from sticking. Divide meat mixture between the 12 tortillas then add 1/4 cup shredded cheese on top of meat mixture. Roll and place in pan with tortilla opening facing down. Pour remaining sauce over tortillas. Cover with foil and cook at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle cheese on top and cook an additional five minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving. Serve with finely chopped lettuce and sour cream on top.