Growing up, my family's schedule seemed to revolve around mealtime. I have to attribute my love for home cooked food to my mother. She didn't believe in cereal and made us breakfast every morning. I think that deserves some kind of award. Pancakes were my favorite breakfast growing up and my mom made hers from scratch. To be honest, I didn't know you could buy pancake mix at the store until I went to college. I don't claim to be a fabulous cook. I just wanted a place to keep and share all the recipes I love.
My family all came together in the evenings to eat dinner. It was at this time that relationships were built and strengthened. I believe that family dinner is an important tool for cultivating love and strengthening the family. This is why I cook. This is why I share.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Stuffed Burger Bundles

This fabulous recipe is from my friend Amber Patty!
  • 1 lb. hamburger, thawed and uncooked
  • 1 pkg. StoveTop Stuffing Mix (cornbread), prepared
  • 1/3 C evaporated milk

Sauce:

  • 2 cans cream of mushroom
  • 2 T ketchup
  • 4 t worcestershire sauce
  1. Mix the hamburger and evaporated milk. Divide and pat into little circles on waxed paper. (I just do it directly on the 9x13 without waxed paper) Put stuffing in the middle and fold hamburger up around the stuffing and seal, or try to seal it =). Put in an ungreased 9x13 baking dish.
  2. Combine sauce ingredients and pour over the meat.
  3. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour. Serve with rice. (or potatoes, or noodles)

No comments: