Growing up, my family's schedule seemed to revolve around mealtime. I have to attribute my love for home cooked food to my mother. She didn't believe in cereal and made us breakfast every morning. I think that deserves some kind of award. Pancakes were my favorite breakfast growing up and my mom made hers from scratch. To be honest, I didn't know you could buy pancake mix at the store until I went to college. I don't claim to be a fabulous cook. I just wanted a place to keep and share all the recipes I love.
My family all came together in the evenings to eat dinner. It was at this time that relationships were built and strengthened. I believe that family dinner is an important tool for cultivating love and strengthening the family. This is why I cook. This is why I share.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Biscuits and Gravy

Rachel Holloway shared this easy and yummy recipe with me.

  • 1 lb. breakfast sausage
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 4 cups milk
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 8 prepared biscuits
  1. Cook sausage in large skillet until cooked through.
  2. Add flour to skillet and mix until the flour dissolves.
  3. Gradually add the milk to the skillet stirring constantly. Continue stirring to gravy consistency.
  4. Serve warm over biscuits.

No comments: