Growing up, my family's schedule seemed to revolve around mealtime. I have to attribute my love for home cooked food to my mother. She didn't believe in cereal and made us breakfast every morning. I think that deserves some kind of award. Pancakes were my favorite breakfast growing up and my mom made hers from scratch. To be honest, I didn't know you could buy pancake mix at the store until I went to college. I don't claim to be a fabulous cook. I just wanted a place to keep and share all the recipes I love.
My family all came together in the evenings to eat dinner. It was at this time that relationships were built and strengthened. I believe that family dinner is an important tool for cultivating love and strengthening the family. This is why I cook. This is why I share.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas

I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, Cassie. It's so easy and yummy!
  • 2-4 chicken breasts (I usually go by one breast per person eating)
  • 1 large bottle salsa
  • 1/4-3/4 cup sour cream
  • soft tortillas
  • cheddar cheese

Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Pour bottle of salsa on top of chicken, just so it's barely covered. Cook on med./lo for 6-8 hours or on high for about 3 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in a separate bowl and shred. Mix in sour cream and some of the salsa from the crock pot (you decide). Place some of the chicken mixture into a tortilla, sprinkle some cheese on top and fold up. Place in baking dish folded side down so that it won't unfold. Continue until mixture is gone. Pour some of the salsa/sauce over the tortillas, sprinkle top with cheese. Cook in oven for 10 minutes!

No comments: