Growing up, my family's schedule seemed to revolve around mealtime. I have to attribute my love for home cooked food to my mother. She didn't believe in cereal and made us breakfast every morning. I think that deserves some kind of award. Pancakes were my favorite breakfast growing up and my mom made hers from scratch. To be honest, I didn't know you could buy pancake mix at the store until I went to college. I don't claim to be a fabulous cook. I just wanted a place to keep and share all the recipes I love.
My family all came together in the evenings to eat dinner. It was at this time that relationships were built and strengthened. I believe that family dinner is an important tool for cultivating love and strengthening the family. This is why I cook. This is why I share.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fruit Salad

  • 1 can peach pie filling
  • 1 frozen bag mixed fruit (any assortment you prefer)
  • any other fruit (cut up) you may want in the salad that isn't included in the frozen fruit mix
  1. Thaw out the frozen fruit on a large cookie sheet.
  2. Once thawed, place frozen fruit, peach pie filling and cut up fruit in a large bowl and mix with spoon.
  3. Store in the fridge.

No comments: