Growing up, my family's schedule seemed to revolve around mealtime. I have to attribute my love for home cooked food to my mother. She didn't believe in cereal and made us breakfast every morning. I think that deserves some kind of award. Pancakes were my favorite breakfast growing up and my mom made hers from scratch. To be honest, I didn't know you could buy pancake mix at the store until I went to college. I don't claim to be a fabulous cook. I just wanted a place to keep and share all the recipes I love.
My family all came together in the evenings to eat dinner. It was at this time that relationships were built and strengthened. I believe that family dinner is an important tool for cultivating love and strengthening the family. This is why I cook. This is why I share.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Morning Glory Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/3 cups sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 cups grated carrots
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl; stir in carrot and next four ingredients. Make a well in center of mixture.
  2. Combine vegetable oil and remaining ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
  3. Place paper baking cups in muffin pans. Spoon batter into paper cups, fill two-thirds full; bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans immediately.

Yield: 22 muffins

No comments: