Growing up, my family's schedule seemed to revolve around mealtime. I have to attribute my love for home cooked food to my mother. She didn't believe in cereal and made us breakfast every morning. I think that deserves some kind of award. Pancakes were my favorite breakfast growing up and my mom made hers from scratch. To be honest, I didn't know you could buy pancake mix at the store until I went to college. I don't claim to be a fabulous cook. I just wanted a place to keep and share all the recipes I love.
My family all came together in the evenings to eat dinner. It was at this time that relationships were built and strengthened. I believe that family dinner is an important tool for cultivating love and strengthening the family. This is why I cook. This is why I share.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Pumpkin Chip Muffins

  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 can (16 ounces) pumpkins
  • 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
  1. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
  2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourth full. Bake at 400 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until muffines test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

Yield: about 24 muffins.

No comments: