Growing up, my family's schedule seemed to revolve around mealtime. I have to attribute my love for home cooked food to my mother. She didn't believe in cereal and made us breakfast every morning. I think that deserves some kind of award. Pancakes were my favorite breakfast growing up and my mom made hers from scratch. To be honest, I didn't know you could buy pancake mix at the store until I went to college. I don't claim to be a fabulous cook. I just wanted a place to keep and share all the recipes I love.
My family all came together in the evenings to eat dinner. It was at this time that relationships were built and strengthened. I believe that family dinner is an important tool for cultivating love and strengthening the family. This is why I cook. This is why I share.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chicken Parmesan

  • 4 chicken breasts
  • mozzarella cheese
  • spaghetti sauce
  • italian bread crumbs
  • egg
  • flour

Pound down your chicken until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Then get 3 bowls and fill 1 with flour, 1 with 2 eggs (more if needed) just a little bit beaten, and then the other with bread crumbs. Salt and pepper your chicken and then dip it in each bowl, beginning with the flour then the egg then the bread crumbs. Be sure the chicken is completely coated with the bread crumbs. Then place these on a greased 9x12 pan. Cover the pan with foil and cook at 350 degrees for about 30 or 40 minutes. Then, when the chicken is almost completely done in the oven, take the foil off and put spaghetti sauce and moz. cheese on each piece. Leave in over for a few more minutes so the chicken can finish up and the cheese will melt.

No comments: