Growing up, my family's schedule seemed to revolve around mealtime. I have to attribute my love for home cooked food to my mother. She didn't believe in cereal and made us breakfast every morning. I think that deserves some kind of award. Pancakes were my favorite breakfast growing up and my mom made hers from scratch. To be honest, I didn't know you could buy pancake mix at the store until I went to college. I don't claim to be a fabulous cook. I just wanted a place to keep and share all the recipes I love.
My family all came together in the evenings to eat dinner. It was at this time that relationships were built and strengthened. I believe that family dinner is an important tool for cultivating love and strengthening the family. This is why I cook. This is why I share.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hole-in-one

  • loaf of bread (wheat or white...your preference)
  • eggs
  • cooking spray
  • salt
  • pepper
  • butter or margarine
  1. Heat up a large non-stick skillet.
  2. Take one slice of bread and cut a circle into the middle of it using the top of a cup or other circular object (the hold you're going to make should be a big enough to place an egg inside, but small enough to keep the bread in one piece). Save the circle of bread you cut out.
  3. Spread butter on one side of the bread and place on skillet until lightly toasted. Then put butter on exposed side and flip over.
  4. Lightly spray cooking spray into the bread hole. Crack and egg and place it in the hole. Cook until egg is firm enough on bottom to flip over. Flip bread and egg over, salt and pepper. Just cook egg long enough so that it is firm on the outside, but runny on the inside. Remove from pan, serve warm.
  5. Toast the round cut out bread on the skillet and use to soak up egg yolk when eating.
  6. Continue depending on how many people are eating.

No comments: